Feeling Hyggely

" Gratitude is the key to happiness.
When gratitude is practiced regularly and from the heart,
it leads to a richer, fuller and more complete life...
It is impossible to bring more abundance into your life
if you are feeling ungrateful about what you already have.
Why?
Because the thoughts and feelings you emit as you feel ungrateful
are negative emotions and they will attract more of those feelings 
and events into your life."


Lately I've been focusing on all I have to be grateful for, 
and loving my hyggely life.

With that said...it makes me think of a moment I had recently during my trip back home to NY.
I keep a set of twinkle lights there in a drawer, and put them up when I stay.
One morning, Dad and my brother were going to drive up to the hunting camp
 to put on a new roof. 
I decided I wanted to go along.
I threw my journal & morning reads in a bag, 
and Dad stopped to get me coffee 
along the way.
A morning with the guys just tugged at my heart
and sitting on the deck in the woods....count me in!
As I listened to the guys work a light sprinkle started hitting the trees,
and the bull frog belted out a tune from the pond.
I sat there soaking it all in and thought to myself,...
"all we need now are some twinkle lights."
So later when we were all sitting in the camper having a chat,
I looked at Dad, and said " You know what you need out here Dad?
Twinkle lights! If you hung some twinkle lights around the camper,
it would look so-cozy out here!"
*Dad look*
" I don't do twinkle lights."
Which cracked me up. 
End of story.
However, before I left, I told him where I kept them stashed...
y'know, just in case. 

Anyway....
gratitude and Hygge just seem to go together for me....
where there is one, there is usually the other.
It's the way I like to live.

Hygge is....
the best homemade chocolate pudding.


Chocolate Pudding Recipe:
(organic is an option....I just had it)

1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs. unsweetened organic cocoa powder
1/4 cup corn starch
1/8 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups milk (whole)
2 Tbs. room temperature butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract

  1. In a medium-sized saucepan, stir together sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
  2. Over medium heat, stir in milk. Bring the pudding mixture to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until the pudding thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
  3. Remove pudding from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla until butter dissolves.
  4. Let cool. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.

xoxo
💖




 

Comments

Popular Posts