Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Set Back



I got a little lot off track over the fourth of July weekend.
We went on a little escape to celebrate our 9th. Anniversary & independence day with family.
I totally self-sabotaged.
I ate WAY too much....(mostly sugary, and fried foods),
and one evening we visited a beautiful winery. Enough said.


 I did stick with getting up at 5 in the mornings to walk.
It was actually quite awesome (the first morning) in the city...
 no traffic, no people, having the whole city to myself.
Until I didn't.
 Then I ended up running up hill & back to base.
I'm not a runner.
(just a little scare, that's all).
I stayed closer to base on day two.


We did have a really good getaway.
It's always good to let loose and have some fun!
It was good for both of us.

I did set myself back on my health goals though.
 I'm not going to tell myself that it was OK.
I could have made some healthier choices.
I didn't. I went all out !
Fun is fun....but paying the price for 3 days because of it...
(I'm realizing)...is sorta dumb.

Today is the first day I felt somewhat back to normal again.
My blood sugar is still on high alert.
I am back on track with my self-care,
and I've evolved out of sloth mode...
it'll just take a while.

I ditched sugar on Monday.
(after we consumed all the sugary treats we brought home...).
This coming Monday, I start a 6 week sugar detox with Dr. Axe and Dr. Cole.
(both are speakers in my course)
I'm super excited? I think?
I want to do this. For sure.
I will be learning so much.
I have received the recipes for week one.
At first I was overwhelmed with all the new recipes 
and thought about quitting (already),
then...
 I changed my perspective.
Healthy new recipes, healing at the cellular level, detoxing...
uncomfortable yeah...
but I'm up for the challenge!
I've done this before. Two months on a candida diet.
Alone. 
I can do this!
  I have the support of coaches this time, and access to the Doc's once a week.
They have all the recipes, grocery plans, and everything I need.
All I have to do is commit.
I truly want to kick the sugar addiction.
It's my nemesis.
I'm ready...
this is going to be awesome!?

xoxo
💓





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breathe and Recenter

Good morning!  Today I am going to take time to breathe & recenter. It has been a full week. Hubby had his bladder cancer removed Thursd...