Cherokee Tale


It's rainy and cool this morning, 
 and I am sitting here by an open window with coffee in hand,
 listening to the birds sing.
Jag alskar det!
(I love it!)
I  just finished my EFT tapping meditation.
I am so hooked ! 
I have been at it for 27 days now, 
 & 60 sessions later....I can honestly say, 
it has been a perfect addition to my self-care routine.

Today's daily inspiration was from an Old Cherokee teaching.
I loved listening to this favorite tale to start the day.




This teaching is sometimes
referred to as The Tale of Two Wolves.

"One evening an elderly grandfather was telling his grandson
about the inner conflicts within him.
He says to his grandson, " A fight is going on inside me.
 It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves.
1 is evil, he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
false pride and ego."
He continues " The other is good, he is joy, peace, love,
hope, humility, kindness, compassion and faith."
He looked at his grandson and went on.
The same fight is going on inside you and every other person too.
The grandson thought about it for a minute and asked
his grandfather, "Which wolf will win? "
The grandfather replied simply " The one you feed."

It's feels good to have perspective and focus.

We can't change what's going on around us
until we change what is going on within us.

Our willingness to look at our darkness 
is what empowers us to change.
And when we can no longer change a situation,
we are challenged to change ourselves.

God lovingly meets us in our willingness to 
walk through those dark places.
Even when things feel restrictive, or don't make sense,
trust that all will be well for you,
and do what's good and right in His sight.

Be well!
xoxo
💖



 

Comments

Popular Posts