Snow Day


It is our first snow day of the year, and the local
weather forecast warns everyone to stay in due to wind and record low cold.


I've got the kettle on, a snuggly blanket, sparkly lights and my sweet cat
to curl up beside me.
It's a good hygge day...

Hygge 
[hoo-ga] noun

"A calm comfortable time with people you love,
a complete absence of frustrations or anything emotionally overwhelming.
Often enjoyed with good food and drinks,
warm blankets and candlelight.
This is happiness"

Currently:

Reading: Becoming by Michelle Obama  (Love her!)

Listening: To one of my old favorite Christmas CD's (I used to treat myself to a new one
every Christmas, when I was raising my kiddo.)

Feeling: Relaxed. Cozy. Grateful.

Watching: The trees sway and the snow swirl outside my window.

Smelling: A pot of homemade vegetable beef soup simmering on the stove.

Appreciating: My Dad and my Mom and our phone chats today.

Accomplishing: staying warm, and my 308th day of learning 
the Swedish language. 


💖

"Frost upon the windowpane and softly falling snow,
Warmth beside a crackling fire while biting north winds blow
Books and blankets, steaming tea
The soft glow of an ember
Candlelight and cozy nights-
The magic of December"

Sending you all the warm cozy feels...
xoxo
💖


 

Comments

Popular Posts