Winds of Change

 

Today I am...


feeling the winds of change blow through my life.
I just received a phone call from my sister-in-law.
Her voice sounded very energized....happy and full of zest.
She talked about how she'd just got back from the restaurant down the street.
She had grabbed a ride with a 20 year old guy to take her there,
 because it was raining and she didn't want to walk in the rain.
She "pissed" the teen-age waitress off because she demanded service, 
after she'd been sitting there for 20 min..
She's a little miffed that she can't fix snacks at her place,
 because she's not allowed to have a stove there.

She thought she's like to get her driver's license again, 
 and go buy a beat up car.
That way she can get out more often,
 just to travel down the road.
Then she's second guessing that idea,
because she knows that age will probably catch up to her sooner or later.

It was nice to hear her sounding so energetic
and spunky.
I was happy that she was happy...
and that,
for that moment...
she'd forgotten that she was in a nursing home,
  and she's not been able to walk in over a year,
and that solid foods have not been part of her diet in months.
I love her dearly, and I am so sad that her mind is going.
She's always had a strong mind, even when the rest of her was failing.
I hope that her thoughts always bring her to places of adventure,
and are full of her...
Joy.

" Sometimes the things we can't change
end up changing us."

xoxo
💕



Comments

Popular Posts