Grateful Scandinavian


Today I am....


celebrating Leif Erikson Day !!
(and 234th day of learning Swedish)

I clicked on a wrong link this morning, and it directed me to 
 a woman ( kvinna) talking about this special day.
So with that, and having bits of Scandinavian blood pulsing
through my veins, I decided  to honor this day.
Cuz without it ?
There's a pretty good chance I wouldn't even be here.
 
So the story goes, that this is the day, back in 1825 that the Restauration ship
arrived in New York Harbor from Stavanger Norway.
Leif Erikson is credited with bringing the first Nordic people into America.

The reason it was made a day.
" .... our Nation is stronger and more dynamic because of the 
contributions of Nordic Americans.
On Leif Erikson day, we express our appreciation for 
the many contributions of Nordic Americans,
who have enhanced American Society and strengthened 
our cultural diversity."

So Skal Leif Erickson! And tack sa mycket !

" We are all leaders-whether we want to be or not.
There is always someone we are influencing-either
leading them to good-or away from good."
~Leif Erikson~

xoxo
💓

 

Comments

Popular Posts