Soulcation

 

...because I needed to be with my people.


My favorite vacation...
is going back to where I started.
Walking the old familiar paths, and knowing I've 
been there so many times before.
Shopping in the quaint village stores.
Walking to my cousins house and sitting on her porch to chat...petting her dog.
Visiting the falls and picking up a rock or two to take home. Every time.
Going to the old local diner for breakfast with the family.
Sharing my handful of almonds with the chipmunk 
that hides in the rock wall in the backyard.
Memories of doing the same with my grandmother when I was little.
Capturing snapshots of my Dad working in the yard...totally unaware
that I'm creeping on him.
Riding around in a golf cart and acting silly with my girlfriend,
who I grew up with and feels more like a sister.
Taking a drive to the top of the mountain with her, 
to a spot that was her Dad's.. now hers,
& the nostalgia of being there before when I was younger,
to watch the sunset with my Dad.
Listening to the Oldies station while driving in my Dad's pickup,
and finding that station to listen to now that I'm home.
Having my brother, my nephew and his wife and their sons come
 so we could all celebrate fathers day together.
 How much it filled my Dad's soul that we were all together.
The lot of us huddled in a cozy space together for the weekend,
 and the natural ease of it all.
Going to the farmers market together, 
little ones chasing bubbles,
apple cider donuts,
and my brother and I singing out loud to the folksy
songs of the acoustic band.
A chill in the air, people with their pets and Mom's 
who take time out to do a little jig with their kid.
Community.
Togetherness.
Family.
Love.
It's the simple things that fill me up the most.
I went home and was swallowed up the way
I needed to be consumed-
in a teaching, comforting, soul-hugging way.

xoxo
💖

*side note: thankful for my brother, that came toward me,
when he sensed  something was wrong.
I love you!
Thankful for my nephew and his wife who inspired me, and motivated me
to stay focused.
Thankful for my Dad always connecting, caring, sharing, listening, and loving.
Thankful for Sue, her hospitality, gifts, and talents...her knack
for accomplishing whatever she sets her heart to do. Her sense of humor.
Thankful for my cousins that always remind me of the strong bond 
that only comes from family, the unconditional love that is always there.
Their strength and their ability to always have a good laugh...even
when things are hard.

I'm so acutely aware of the gift you are.
Big, big, love....💝
xoxo





 

Comments

Popular Posts