Conviction

I've been doing some deep reflection,
digging through things, working hard to
stay focused on the direction I want to go in life.
Blame came up.
A lack of responsibility to myself,
and blaming others, circumstances, or my lack of this or that, 
 for the unhappiness I've struggled with.
I suppose I could have run around blaming all I want,
forever.
I really wasn't aware that I did this...
until I was.


I had my little "Aha moment" when I was back home
with my family.
It was not a proud moment for me...
but I'm happy for the reveal. 
I just want to STOP.


So...I'm digging in to do the work.
This is going to be a hard habit to break.
I am so grateful for the conviction though...
 and the direction that comes from that.
Blame just made me powerless.
I am definitely motivated for a change!
I've been so stuck...and that was making me nuts.
Really.
I thank God for the clarity!

Recently I heard a pastor say:
" You can't settle into your blessing,
because you've been so settled into a negative experience."

Yep! Pretty much sums it up for me.

I've paid a special homage to my negative thoughts.
I'm learning.
It's time to shift gears.
Time to stop taking the great things for granted.

...some of the great things lately:
the perfect words when your open to receive them
mornings on the lake 
girl time, kayaks, coffee and lemon bars
a good laugh
walking  downtown
my kiddo
quaint bakeries
splurging for desert
sunflowers in my backyard 
granddaughters
huddled on a blanket in the yard & fireworks
kid art on the fridge
family
oldies on the radio
reading a good novel with my hubby
7 year Anniversary
the 1883 series
reading on the porch
not missing a day out of 144 of learning Swedish
cooler mornings
insight
a small group of support


xoxo
💖

" Trust that each new day holds untold possibilities
and remember:
In every moment, you have the profound ability
to make choices that will completely
change your habits and your reality,
either right away or over time."




 

Comments

Popular Posts