Homegirl

Today I'm a homegirl. Content with a cup of tea, my kiddo dropping in,
the rain moving in, a breeze on the front porch, 
a good book with a side of old friends.


Here's the quote from my course the other day:

"There is a line I have drawn over which I do not allow others to cross.
This line ensures me my uniqueness, autonomy and privacy.
I am able to be me the way I really am rather than the way
people want me to be by drawing this line.
By This line I let others know:
this is who I am and where I begin and you end:
this is who you are and where you begin and I end;
we will never cross over this line 
so that we can maintain a healthy relationship with one another."

~Lance Armstrong's Live Strong~

A little side note: I don't know how it happened that 
I really never knew about boundaries, except what I have learned for my profession.
  This last year they have been a thing.
  " ...how well or how poorly you regulate you
relationship with yourself"
Geez....I didn't even know having a relationship with myself
was a thing!
If you want to learn more about Boundaries too,
here are 
some great books that I've read:

Boundary Boss by Terri Cole (fav.)
How to Establish Boundaries by Patrick King
The Boundary is You by Chany G. Rosengarten

xoxo
💖






Comments

Popular Posts