Saturday, May 18, 2024

Currently


This morning I started getting up at 5 again.
I hit day 800 on learning Spanish (which started as Swedish).
Hubby and I finally made it to our granddaughter's soccer game.
(she scored:)
 I've completed day 13 of a 21 day arm workout, 
and finished my 21st. week of the health coaching course.
I still love the heck out of it!!
Yesterday, I got a little wonky and overwhelmed on a microbiome/Ayurvedic eating plan,
but re-righted myself. I've been on it for 2 weeks.
My blood sugar is 95-110 (was 126 or higher)
and I've lost 6 lbs.
The former was the reason to start in the first place, the latter was a bonus.
 I also connected with a sweet girl who reached out to be coached by me
as soon as I am ready.
Hubby is getting around better. Still tender. Still recovering.
I've been taking breaks from technology as much as possible.
I want to spend my time doing more fulfilling things like reading books,
and lounging on the porch listening to the birds while sipping my tea.
Working in the garden, or watching the cat playing with a bug.
 Anything that allows my soul and my mind to quiet down for a bit.


Months ago, my nephew recommended a FANTASTIC book to me.
I started to read it, and then it got pushed aside.
I unearthed it yesterday, and it was exactly what I needed
at precisely the right time.
That seems to happen to me a lot.
I read once, that when a sentence in a book resonates
within, it is the voice of your authentic self.
"Listen to what she/he is telling you.
Spirit is constantly communicating with us."
Well...it resonated alright.
Every paragraph, every word.
(I sent a text to thank my nephew. Again. 
 He seems to always know what I need when I need it.)

Book Quote: 

"One of the ways the great men and women of the world
avoided complexity was by incorporating tranquility
and serenity into the front part of their days.
This beautiful discipline gave them absolutely essential
time away from overstimulation to savor life itself,
replenish their creative reservoirs,
develop their supreme selves,
count their blessings and ground the virtues that they would then live
out their days under.
Many of the people who fueled the progress of our civilization
shared the habit of rising before daybreak."

~The 5AM Club~

*affirming*
xoxo
💖


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inner Compass

Know when you need to shift. The signs are there. Pay attention. You'll know when you've had enough. You'll know when you're...