Grace Country

This sweet girl has been by my side, 
ever since my first day on the farm.
I remember her little white calf-self approached me to give me the once over.
I felt I had to pass her inspection to gain entrance through the gate.
I knew then that she'd be special.
That was 12 years ago.


The farm is definitely my saving grace.
I can start out having a rough-semi-emotional-
snarky-kind-of-day ,
and come back home full of peace and contentment.
It takes no time to find my serenity
 by simply tromping through the pastures, gathering snapshots of my
cow-kids, counting mourning doves as they perch on the fence line,
while listening to the soothing sounds of the herd as they munch and moo around me
(and always a snuggle and a lick or two).
No matter what kind of day I am having, 
it seems I'm always brought back to my center.
Welcomed and nourished.
The space envelopes me.
It doesn't care if I'm frustrated or snarky.
Or that my hair is a mess.
Or that I come in mis-matched clothes and dirty-worn boots.
It just seems happy to have me back,
and willing to hold space for me to rest & regroup. 
I'm most at ease there.
 I can sit with nature, and
gather my thoughts along with other parts of myself that have gone astray.
It's my place of grace in this busy world.
Once I wander onto the farm...
it's always a bit of a challenge for me to leave again.


" I do not at all understand the mystery of grace--
only that it meets us where we are
 but does not leave us where it found us."
~Anne Lamott~

xoxo
💝

 

Comments

Popular Posts