Quotes and Questions.


Today, I am celebrating the month of May with a 
sense of accomplishment.
I have been eliminating clutter from my home,
and from my life all month...
and it feels fantastic!
*cheers!*


This morning some quotes and questions seemed to 
resonate perfectly with my thoughts and feelings.
You know... the ones you read, and they all seem to fit?
Well my blend came together forming a perfect mixture that
 seemed to affirm, inspire and satisfy my soul.

Journal notes:

"The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles....
only by a spiritual journey...
by which we arrive at the ground at our feet, 
and learn to be home."

"It may demand courage and self-discipline,
but by freely acknowledging who we have been,
we can make positive changes about who we are becoming."

"If you want to soar, you must take your eyes off of what 
everyone else is doing and focus on the Father."
+
"The eagle is the perfect example. When fish come into view, 
eagles train their sights on their targets with amazing intensity.
Regardless of wind currents or weather,
they sweep in with power and precision--
their mighty talons successfully gathering their prize."
(loved this!)

"Thankfulness provides some of the most important building blocks
for your life. The more of these blocks you use to build
your life, the better your life experience will be."

"We are guided on this journey by a power greater than ourselves,
but the steps we take must be our own."

Questions to ask yourself:
What does happiness mean to me?
How can I add more happiness into my life?
How can I treat myself better?
What small change can I make today to make this happen?
"Small changes can become powerful shifts"

"Happiness can exist only in acceptance."

"Only by facing the darkness can we receive the treasure-
the light and joy of emerging released from
all that has held us back."

side note:
I have been on a quest in search of myself, and healing
for some time now. 
I can look back to a year ago... and see how far I've come...
never mind 2 or 3 years ago. I feel like a different person.
I no longer have the gnawing sense of foreboding that
constantly churned in my gut.

Sometimes the changes scare me. 
Why do I feel so peaceful?
Am I going numb?
What if I really am loosing my mind?
For real?
What do others think of me?
Maybe now there really is something wrong with me?!

 However through the assurance of my group, and some new teachers and 
friends, I have been reminded
that it is all a part of the process of letting go of old habits,
 making better choices, trusting in myself, healing and growth.
It is definitely a classic Co-dependent flare up...and I gladly accept it as that.
I used to think something was wrong with me. 
Now I know I just learned some wrong coping skills right from the start.
I'm relearning now. I am content. I may even venture to say happy!
I am a firm believer that when we open up to guidance and love,
it meets us where we are.
When we reach out for help through prayer, support
groups, and spiritual teachers,
it can be very uncomfortable.  
It takes courage to open up and be vulnerable.
It's all worth it.
Have you heard the saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher
appears?" It's so true. Books...people, nature,
a song... the possibilities are endless.
Awareness helps. Just saying. 
If you're all up in your head about stuff....you miss a lot. 
It blows my mind some days.
Support groups are free, and I would highly recommend it to anyone
struggling with some sort of dysfunction.
I found a great one after visiting a couple of meetings elsewhere.
I knew when I felt a belonging  as soon as I walked in the door.
It has been a source of acceptance, understanding, guidance and love ever since
(going on two years).

I do worry about what others think.
Some relationships have struggled, and some have become stronger.
I trust that it'll all work out for the best.
I did read a good little quote the other day:
" Liking you is not anyone's purpose in life except yours."
It's so true....

xoxo
💖






 

Comments

Popular Posts