It's Okay

This morning I was sitting at the table basking in the sunshine
streaming through the open doors,
a book on my lap, and a mug of coffee in my hand.
I looked down to read, and felt something 
brush my face.
Startled at first, I jumped, then became seriously still.
A finch had flown in and landed on the table beside me.
It sat there a sweet magical moment, 
then flew away.


This has been a rough week.
A good friend lost his brother.
A friend back home, lost his mom.
One of my sister-friends has been very sick,
and her cat passed this morning.
Another sister-friend staying for the weekend to restore
from a challenging week of her own.
Hubby has been super busy 
and we need rain on the farm for the cows.
Things are just off... not bad, just life.
The same circumstances two years ago 
  would probably have sent me to a corner bobbing and 
eating my hair!
I've come a long way.
I know everything will be OK.

If your going through a rough patch, 
I heard these words this morning,
and they are a good reminder to be gentle with yourself.

"It's OK is things don't turn out how you expect them to.
It's OK to adjust course and choose another path.
It's OK is you don't have all the answers right now.
It's OK to be a beginner, and be clumsy at something
you've never done before.
It's OK if it all takes time.
It's OK to feel feelings, whatever they may be.
It's OK if you don't feel OK.
It's OK to ask for help.
It's OK to rest, even when there is a lot to do.
It's OK if you need to take a break from growing &
make space to just be."

It's OK to be gentle with yourself, and to take time
to nourish your soul.

xoxo💖

 

Comments

Popular Posts