Trust


A while back, I had an assignment to write some
letters to my self. Encouraging letters. And then...mail them to myself.
This is at a time that I was filled with
 so much self-doubt.
I rolled my eyes.
I thought it sounded crazy.
But what did I have to lose by trying?
So I did it.
I purchased some special, handmade notecards from the farmers market back home.
Then I sat and prayed...with pen in hand,
and let the words flow.
Words I wished someone would speak over me.
I spoke them to myself.
 I filled it with little wildflowers growing in the yard
at my Dad's.
I sealed it with a kiss, and sent it off.
It felt strange...but it also made me realize
how wrong I felt to be kind and loving to myself.
That is when I realized what was crazy.

God is love..

The assignment was 30 or 40 notes to self.
I did 12.
They sit in a stack in a safe place.
 Once in a while, I get the nudge to open one.
I close my eyes...pray...and pick.
That is the way I do it.
Every one has been perfect so far.
Including today's.
The perfect card...the perfect message. 
I needed to hear these words this morning.
And the little wild flowers from my Dad's yard ?
They were colorful little gems that scattered like pieces of 
love coming from home.
I no longer roll my eyes at the assignment.
What a gift.

(the note)

Hi Sweetie,
You have really gained some insight and focus on your trip home.
This is you at the turning point of a healthier direction.
Again.
You've been here repeatedly.
That is a wonderful thing, you know?
You're continuing to grow, learn, and follow God to the best of your ability.
You don't give up!
I am so proud of you!
Thank you for taking the steps to find that love for yourself that only
comes from within you.
I'm sorry it has taken so long and it has been such a struggle for you.
I pray that you continue to release all the burdens that weigh on you,
to God.
Allow His love to swaddle you in peace, love and joy.
Be content in the moment.
Be still and hear what your spirit is trying to tell you.
Trust in your gut and your abilities to make your life as beautiful
as you want it to be.
Focus on your direction with your Heavenly Father as your guide
and counselor.
Trust Him!
You can.
You know you don't have to earn His love.
You are so loved by Him.
He is taking your heart-aches and struggles,
and giving you love and comfort.
Look for it everywhere you go.
You are surrounded by it, immersed in it.
Allow it to fill every void and crack in your heart.
You're so precious my girl.
You work so hard and are so dedicated to growth and change and loving 
to the best of your knowledge and ability.
You're phenomenal!
Let all of your self doubt, fears and insecurities melt away,
be removed, forever.
Trust in the journey and know you have the ability to make all 
your days the best they can be.
Follow your heart.
Love you!

xoxo
💝



 

Comments

Popular Posts