Grateful...


That my brother and nephew visited the area,
and we had an evening to enjoy together.

That I had an opportunity to re-visit my old church,
and hear a good sermon Sunday on gratitude.

That as gritty as life seems on some days,
I am blessed by more of the good things.


I heard a saying not too long ago, that said,
"When you hit a wall, just turn right."
It was talking about faith, and action, and 
feeling lost.
Well...I have now taken enough right turns, that I have made a complete square.
I think I am going to face some fears now, and just go through the dang walls.

Here are some current journal entries and quotes that have kept me encouraged:

"When you know who God is, and He shows you who you are,
you will know what to do. Identity, then activity."

"There's a greater risk than taking a risk and failing.
and it's taking none and failing."

"The greatest risk you can take with your life is to risk nothing with your life.
To make your ultimate ambition a complete safe life."

I set my mind on things above. (Phil. 4:8)

Stop trying to figure everything out. Leave all concerns in God's hands.
He will not fail me.

God, lead me the way I should go.

God does not drive us to be what we are not.

The only awareness I need to have is,
I can do this!
Every time I say I can't,
I dim my light.

I am incredibly powerful.
I can do this.
I will do this.

" The last thing you want your life to become is a cautionary tale
of what could have been."

There is nothing I need that God can't provide.

"Change doesn't have to be hard, 
and healing doesn't have to hurt."

How I get through it is the result of what I tell myself
about going through it.

"You must be aware that there is something better
waiting on the other side of this."

" Stop telling yourself scary stories and stop imagining that monsters
lie ahead and the fear, guilt and shame will go away."

Stop imagining the worst.

" If the path you took overpromised and underdelivered,
then get back to dreams you started out with, and let
today be the day you hold out for your God-given passion.
You don't need to settle for second best anymore."

It is in trying to understand less that I experience more.

My brain can be reprogramed ! Hallelujah!
I just have to do the work. (neuroplasticity)

Attach new sensations to old words.
Give new definition to old sensations.

Discipline myself to meditate on good things.

Am I making choices I want to make,
or is habit making my choices for me?

A change in my attitude means a change in my thinking.

When I am in pain, I must take responsibility for the 
elimination of my own pain.
In demanding attention from someone else,
I am giving away pieces of myself that are too valuable to lose.

"You pain is real & your experience is the only legit
reason you need to make some changes."

Loving in unloving ways, is not love at all.

If I knew without question I would not fail,
what's the one thing I would do with my life?

My fears lie to me. They keep me from seeing what I was made for
& tell me it's impossible before I even start to try.

Let it begin with me.

" Our very life depends on everything's 
Recurring till we answer from within."
~Robert Frost

" You may feel as if a wrong decision could ruin everything.
But take heart: these choices are a part of God's bigger picture 
for you."

" Your box is never going to expand to the place where
you're thinking outside of it until you can learn
to live within it.
Think inside the box. Stop waiting for what you want
& work with what you've got."

Remember that action creates transformation,
but worry simply creates more anguish.

I must learn to accept myself as I am.
Everything good I can bring about must begin with that.

" Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most
beautiful chapters in our lives won't have a title 
until much later."

xoxo
💞





 

Comments

Popular Posts