My Truth Today...


" Having one grain of what is really true,
will eradicate a million grains of what is not true."


What's true for me at the moment:

I am on the upside of a very dark season in my life.

I discovered I can let out a blood curdling scream for the sake of sanity, and 
to keep from imploding.
 (Note: I was not alone. It was raw. And...after the incident I was told by a healer,
that it was primal..& a sign of spiritual growth.)
I remember at the time...
my pride totally wanted to stifle it...but my spirit wanted it released.
 It was equal parts scary and amazing.
I'm glad the best part of me won.
I was quite impressed with myself....to be totally honest.
I always used to wonder if I could scary-movie-scream.
Apparently I can!
Since then...(last week)
I have been reflecting...

All my life I've tried to find the "right path" for me.
When things got hard, I would go into "fix it mode".
Then if I couldn't fix it, I'd assume that meant I was on the wrong path.
Then I would start the search for a new path. 
A better path.
An easier path.
Now looking back,
 I realize that if you don't clear out the path your already on...
you'll eventually come to the same point on another path.
As I've heard in the past..." All paths lead to you."

I would have been wise to stay on one path, rather than start over on a new one.
All my paths have had obstacles. The challenge was to learn from the difficulties, and I did...
but when it got too tough...I bailed.
It's like going to school, and when it gets too hard, 
just quitting, and starting over in kindergarten. 
You don't get too far.
Spiritually, its the same for me.
You keep on learning...you keep on advancing...
you don't give up.
I didn't know...until I knew.

Hindsight.
Life is funny that way.

The lesson I am learning is that...
those things that were too tough for me? 
Ended up being things that were inside of me.
Things that I needed to heal.
Things I needed to face.
Things that I need to accept
and things I needed to let go of.
It wasn't the path.
Not that you're alone on the path...
and that makes things challenging as well..
but you are responsible for your own steps on that path.
They are responsible for theirs.
We are all a little lost.
Be understanding.

Some wise words from my spiritual healer:
"There is no right or wrong path. The path you choose is the path
that is right for you. God is with you on your path, no matter which
way you go."
He's had his hands full with me.
I am thankful for His grace, healing, comfort and love.

"Your blessings have your name on them;
so do your lessons! Your greatest blessing appears before you,
cleverly disguised as your most difficult challenge,
as your greatest obstacle,
or as an extremely negative experience you are forced to handle all by yourself.
What a blessing!
What a blessed opportunity to face the truth,
forgive yourself and others,
practice faith,
develop trust, and know,
'Right where I am, God is!' "

I'm staying on course this time.

As I have mentioned a few times in the past...
my favorite scripture in the Bible is Philippians 4:8.
I have been using that scripture as a beacon in the dark.

"We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions.
As a result, we end up getting more of what we don't want.
We distort things, we exaggerate things,
we amplify our experience in life,
and then we pick the wrong things to dwell on.
Philippians 4:8 clearly communicates what we should do:
Dwell on the things that are uplifting.
 Dwell on the things that are working.
Dwell on things that are worthy of praise.
In other words, dwell on the good stuff."

xoxo
💖








 

Comments

Popular Posts