Disheveled


A bit how I feel at the moment.



Some other things:

Reading:  Anything and everything that inspires me.

Watching:  the birds outside my window.

Highlighting: This prayer I read this morning:

"Father,
I don't want to let disappointment and heartbreak
cause me to approach this life more cautious than creative.
More critical than compassionate.
More cynical than surrendered.
Thank You for the ways you tenderly meet me
in my brokenness and my pain.
And thank You for reminding me 
that I still have light and beauty to offer this world.
Today I am choosing to grab the brush.
No attempts at perfection.
No apologizing or strategizing.
Just me.
Lighting this world with my color.
Showing up with Your compassion and grace.
In Jesus' name, amen."
~Lysa TerKeurst~

Loving: bonding with my Mom and my Aunts over the last week.
 Mom joining me on the ground to do a restoration pose.
Looking over at each other.
Burst out laughing.
My Aunt opening the door, to see me laying there on the floor in restoration pose.
Her face.
Laughing till we cried.

Hating:  The destruction of Lake Charles & my Aunt's and cousins homes.
It's my birthplace, where I graduated from High School...
where I left a piece of my heart.

Discovering:  that  "fake it till you make it" 
was bad advise.
Like...what if I don't make it ?
Or make it, but as a fake?
I'll just be real, and deal.

Enjoying:  A cool drizzly day.

Thinking: I need my family.  I miss them.

Hoping for: some changes

Listening to: the bird chirping outside of the window, 
and the grandfather clock Dad made me, chiming that it is 12:00.

Smelling:  fresh air and the steamy scent from the dishwasher

Thanking: God, for lifting me up when I am down.
For keeping my friends and family protected.
Today.
&
Every. Single. Day.

I hope you are safe and well.
💗
 

Comments

Popular Posts