Individuality


"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
What choice do we have anyway?
Yet...I feel like I have spent my life
trying to blend, bend, stretch, mold,
and play the game the way I thought it was supposed to be played.
Don't ruffle feathers.
Please others.
I have not been 100% me.
I hate that truth.
We don't know, until we know.
We have to be willing to dig deep for that.
I am a good digger!
I know I am following the right voice,
the voice of truth.
He loves me.
I feel it now.


In my morning "Jesus time" I read something that sent me rushing 
to the computer to post it here.
Some words from Bob Goff:

" We want to experience love, so we strive to have relationships
 that will let us feel loved and accepted. 
We want purpose in our lives,
so we'll join or identify with social groups
and issues and begin defining ourselves this way.
We want connection, so we buy what it takes
 to wear the uniform of the social groups we want to fit in with.
Most of all, what all of us want are those few
authentic relationships-and we'll trade who we really are
for who we think we need to be."

Wanting to belong.
Wanting to be a part.
Fit in.
Fearing the rejection.
Guilty.

" The fact is, we're God's most creative act.
If God wanted you to be like other people,
He would've made us all the same."

" Be yourself and let others be themselves-
because that's the starting point of God's love.
God has never looked in your mirror
and wished He saw someone else."

I. Love. That!

" We were created in His image, 
with all the wonderful variety that includes.
God made some of us sensitive and others analytical,
some slender, and some burly,
some soft-spoken, and some rambunctious."

 " When He saw his creation, He said it was good,
and there were no exceptions."

I pray that every day we know and feel that we are loved.
That today we discover something wonderful about our individuality,
and embrace it.

Times are wonky right now.
Be strong. Stay well.  Hold onto hope.
Believe in yourself.

💖

Comments

Popular Posts