Muffins

My love for muffins started when I stopped by and grabbed one from my favorite deli one afternoon.

I . Was. Hooked.

Best . Muffins. Ever!

When Covid hit, and the deli closed...
I started baking my own muffins.
A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
I told you I'd share my favorite muffin recipe.
So far this one has been a hit with family and friends.
They have just made life a little sweeter.


Raspberry Lemon Muffins:



1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
(I use 1/2 lemon...all the juice...and ...) *mine
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract (optional) 
(I use a drop of lemon flavoring) *mine
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
(...all the zest from 1/2 lemon) *mine
1 cup frozen raspberries
(we like more berries...so use 1 1/2-2 cups) *mine


Preheat oven 400 F.
Grease or line 12 cup muffin tin
Mix yogurt, lemon, egg white and lemon extract in a small bowl.
Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and zest in a large bowl.
Mix yogurt mixture into flour mixture.
Gently stir in berries.
Sprinkle sugar on top of muffins (optional)
Bake 16-17 minutes.

(*side note: you can use other berries in place of raspberries)


I baked a batch today, while I was also attempting to make
frozen custard for the first time.
Cause...custard calls for egg yolks,
and the muffins call for egg whites.
So why not?
Did you know you can freeze egg whites?
I looked it up.
I think Covid is making me do weird things.
My girlfriend called me Martha Stewart this morning.

I didn't get the custard finished.
There are steps to follow...
and it is now ready to put in the ice-cream maker.
I'll let you know how it turns out. 

I hope you are having a good weekend!!
Stay safe and well !!

" To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition."

💗









Comments

Popular Posts