Growth



I have thought about in what direction to take this blog for some time.
I am not one to just sit down and write...
unless I am writing in my journal.
That is as natural as breathing most days.
I've done it most of my life.
My Grandmother kept a journal.
My Mom loves to write too.
I inherited the gene.
I write about my moments,
my growth,
my struggles,
life.


I don't care to share my struggles in detail on my blog.
I don't feel like my struggles are any more significant 
than anybody else's.  We all have them. 
We also have the ability to choose what we do with them as well.
That is where I will share pieces and parts of my story.

I turn to my faith. Continually.
That has been what has kept me going.
It has healed me.
It has guided me.
It has comforted me.
It has been my steady in every storm.
[side note* some of the storms were just inside of me.]

Sure...we can look to others and point and blame them for our lives not working out
[it's way easier].
Or we can make a decision to look at our own faulty selves...
and work to become the best we can be.
We can choose to let go of things... forgive, and to love.
[ourselves included]

I have chosen the latter.
It's not easy.
It IS [for me] essential.
And at this stage of the game...
I can honestly say...
It IS the only way.
 
Everyone is different.
We all have different beliefs.
What works for me, may make you roll your eyes.
And...that's OK.
I think we share the belief that no matter what...
we're here to grow into the best version of ourselves.

So with all that said....
I have decided to share some of my journal entries, 
 quotes and moments [along with my usual random stuff ] with you.
I read a lot !! I journal daily.  
It has helped me in so many ways.

I wouldn't have done this without the encouragement of my dear friends,
and family who I have shared my journal with.
It has helped them with their struggles...
I hope it can help with yours too.
Brandon...you once said I should have my own church.
Thank you for believing in me, and really seeing me.
You are my why.💗


Be the best you !!
It's a lifelong process.
Love and hugs!
💖



Comments

Popular Posts