Entry



My morning routine, started out in the usual way.
Grab my basket of books.
Porch. Coffee. Cat. 
And lately I've added...
Fan.


So I've been feeling a bit lazy,
yet restless .
Bored, yet...content.
You know, like the devil on one shoulder....
the angel on the other?
Who do you listen to?
Mostly...I "think" I listen to the angel...
but truth be known, the devil gets his time in.
Just a little awakening on that this morning.
I'm trying to keep this simple...so I will try not to get too detailed.

Here is a quote from my prayer this morning:

" Father, I think I am in a good place. I feel almost totally surrendered.
Almost slug-like.  I don't think that is the mode we were working towards,
but I suppose it's better than having monkey-brain."

I have a hard time being still.
Bored? Then I start thinking things should change.
Become discontent.
Look for distraction.
Get a little hard on myself.
Maybe get a little resentful while I am at it.
Maybe blame others too? ...
Do you see what is happening here?
The struggle is real.
Yet...if I could climb out of my head, and look down on all of it.
It's a pretty freaking awesome life.
Which then...if I'm not careful...
adds guilt for not being more thankful...
maybe some shame...
and it continues.

So anyway....that is what I have been paying attention to lately.
Trying to be more aware of where my thoughts go...and why?
Discontent?
Usually means I'm listening to the wrong shoulder.

Journal entries:

Idolatry  (worship of idols) is the downfall of people.
(possessions, status, people, self-aggrandizement [promoting oneself as important]....)

When you seek God instead- you experience His Joy & Peace.
These intangibles quench your soul, providing deep satisfaction.

Sing praises to God when you are upset. (bored?)
and be delivered from destruction. (distraction, deception, discontent....)

Reject fear & dread at the onset.

A positive attitude can enable us to enjoy everything that we do.

Refuse to torment yourself.

God has given us power, love & sound minds. (2 Tim. 1:7)

You do not have to live in fear of anything.

" When you get off the yellow brick road and get lost 
or become entangled with those creepy, talking trees,
it's the normal, human thing to despair and become frustrated."

" That is the inner cry for more! 
It is something God put in us so that we would reach beyond ourselves,
look to Him for answers, and become better and greater."

💞


So today....when a spirit of discontent comes over me...I will change my focus.
I will flick the little devil dude off my shoulder, 
(repeatedly)
I will be thankful...
and I will sing.
Hubby...you have been warned!

Stay well and have a great day !!
💗


Comments

Popular Posts