Branson

Over the weekend we spent some time in Branson.


Gary was invited to attend some meetings, 
and it was a chance to get away.
We pondered the idea for less than a minute.
Time away is a luxury for us.


We walked along the boardwalk
savoring the live entertainment, and watching the people.
Young and old alike,were bouncing, swaying, 
and moving to the rhythm of the beat.
Some were really feeling it ! 
They just let go ! They were enjoying themselves ! I love that !! :)


Fountains gurgled and filled the air with a fine mist..
Splashes of color were reflecting off the water and dancing in the night.
Walking under the full moon & holding hands.
Sharing thoughts with my man...stealing little kisses every so often...
yeah ! It was dreamy ! *love


Saturday was a gorgeous day !
I had an appetite to explore and a
do-whatever-I -want-day !
With my camera thrown over my shoulder, 
and a few "essentials" 
I set out afoot, to investigate the territory.


I love old buildings and the rustic charm of downtown.
The candy store lured me in.
It wasn't because of my addiction for sugar...
but for the spark of imagination that
was triggered by the timeworn floor.
My mind wandered in thought.
What activities had garnished and chipped away at that one spot ?
If only the floors could share their story...


I tucked away into a couple of Flea markets.
Normally clutter makes me a little wonky...
but the jumble of antiques and keepsakes just beckoned 
my curious explorer side
to ...
well...explore ! :)


I discovered a few gems reminding me of my childhood.
Little finds that ignited memories of simpler times.
Games, dishes, music... all pulling at my nostalgic heart strings.
Bringing up thoughts of Grandparents, family, and  home. 


The strumming of a guitar and a gentle country tune
mingled with the gentle Summer breeze and the small town charm
warmed my spirit...
like a little God *hug.

I fumbled in my bag for something to give the entertainer.
I wanted him to know that he didn't go unnoticed.

I think the world would be a happier place
if more more people would stop and listen to the music...


appreciate the colors...


and delight in the simple things.


Bask in the gloriousness
of it all.


Be in the moment.
Let your mind wander.


Take time to escape routine,
and dream.


A little get away was like a salve to my weary soul.
A perfect combination of time alone to quench my wanderlust...


and time to have fun and  flip over my husband.


It was  just the fuel I needed !
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts