Discontent




The first thought I had this morning was:
 " I'm living (the movie) "Groundhog Day"!


 I was in a great mood, happy, and thankful...
& then that thought.
And the ones that usually follow, like...
Is this all there is?
My life is so boring.
There must be something more....
I'm missing out.
I could be....
They should be...
Discontent had moved in, and was landing.
Taking over my thoughts, and my beautiful morning.
But then... Nuh-uh!
I sat down & listened as the jet flew over. 
I heard the dove coo...
and I refocused.
I caught the discontent, before the discontent caught me.

Then as I sit to read, *cue the perfect quote!

"Contentment is like a big hug at the end of a hard day;
you inhale deeply, and everything else disappears around you.
It's a satisfaction, joy, and ease that you experience 
when you decide that what you have is plenty. 
The one caveat is that you are the only person
who decides whether contentment is possible
 or impossible."

xoxo
💗


Comments

Popular Posts