Subtle

When I lose my focus,
and get to rambling around...


the sound of a jet in the distance, 
a slight breeze that comes to brush against my face,
or the song of the Mourning dove,
always bring my awareness back to the Present.

I think we all like to look for something real,
something tangible, for signs of God's Presence.
Those quirky little things do it for me.
Each one was born out of a difficult time...
& while I happened to be deep in prayer.
So I stop at those touch points during the day.
I refocus, pause and maybe even apologize if
my thoughts have gone rogue.
It helps me to self-correct and puts me back on track.
Not always. I wish.
But at least it's something.

side note:
Hubby gave me some beautiful windchimes for our Anniversary.
So the breeze now has a song, 
which provides yet another sign, 
and it's here...right at this very moment.

xoxo
💗



 

Comments

Popular Posts