Fifty-eight

I celebrated my 58th birthday recently.
My dear hubby took the day off,
and Brandon planned on spending the day with me too.
The gift of time. Priceless.
My plan was to do as many happy-making things as I can.
Keep it simple.
Enjoy the company of my two special guys.
Go with the flow, and just enjoy the moments.
Nailed it !


Today I am...

Reading:  Anne Lamott, Traveling Mercies

Watching:  Debates, for the first time ever!

Highlighting:  " Use your imagination, follow what feels right,
play, push yourself, let it rip, and get good at making new, 
exciting choices that bring as much beauty into
the world as possible."

Loving:  my people a little more than usual.  Appreciating them so much, for
who they are, what they do, and how they have made me who I am.

Hating:  That I am not in New York this year visiting my family, 
and being awed by the New England Autumn.

Discovering:  That a lot of the things I've worried about,
things I've tried to "fix",
things I've tried to figure out...
pretty much just ate up precious moments of my life.

Enjoying: My bottle calf (Buddy) ,
cooler nights,
Mourning Doves 
trees changing color
girlfriends and flower crowns
learning more about politics from Brandon
(he's so stinkin' smart)
reading in the sunshine
Ollie binkies in the back yard
the last of my flowers

Thinking:  I could go on forever about the things I'm enjoying.

Hoping for:  The hurricane to miss Lake Charles this time.
My family to be safe and well.

Listening to: Crickets under my window. A lawnmower in the distance. 
A Blue-jay squawking.

Smelling:  Autumn breeze blowing in.

Thanking: God for it all

I hope you are safe and well!!
💖


 

Comments

Popular Posts