Moment


Hi ! Happy Monday !!
I am sitting here looking over some moments I captured over the weekend.
I am pretty much scratching my head in awe.
Not because anything super-spectacular happened.
or maybe because it did.

This part of my story starts with a ride out to the farm.
We rode around to check on the herd, and also to see if we could spot a deer or two. 
It was a good way to end a beautiful Fall day.

The sun was going down, and it was casting a pretty golden glow on everything.
I threw on my hoodie, grabbed my camera... and hopped out of the truck.
I ventured out into the pasture in hopes of capturing one of those "moments" .
You know. 
There's always one.


I got caught up in the sun setting behind a tree.
Totally absorbed in the moment.
Capturing three million shots of the same tree...
the same sun...
the changing colors.
Then I hear some steady foot-steps coming up behind me.
Hubby maybe?
I turn.
It was about the same time I felt a warm breath down my back.
It was my cow.
Blondie.
Waters parted.
Mountains moved.


Yes. 
Utter joy ! :)


Because....
It. Was. Perfect.
Maybe because it has been a challenging couple of weeks.
Maybe because I intended to bring treats for Blondie, but forgot,
so I was disappointed in myself. With no food... there was little to no hope of her coming close.
Maybe because we parked away from the herd, and I couldn't spot my cow anyway. 
Maybe because I wanted something to be the way I wanted it. And it wasn't.
And.
Maybe because it was when I was totally surrendered to the moment,
enjoying the now...
that something so unexpected, unplanned, and sweet...
came and snorted down my back.


Because... 
when I needed it most. 
When I least expected it.
My moment came....
and it made me feel amazing.

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts