Selfies


" Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth
plants something in his soul."

Yesterday, I posted a selfie of Brandon and I on Facebook.
I got to thinking about all the selfies I have taken.
I started way back...it seems before selfies were even very popular.
I called them face shots. 
I would always get my camera,
cram my peeps together in the frame...or not... and snap.
I loved it then, and I love it still.
I have captured some of my favorite memories
and cherished moments that way.

showing me around Columbia

the start of our road trip to NY


getting ice-cream with Dad [and Sue] in Plymouth MA


Brandon interupting my tears with humor....leaving NY


the last day I saw my Bolivar home...and picked up Adam

after a loss at the arcade...being photo-bombed...Christmas time

driving around Columbia

my "always there for me" sister friend @ a fund raiser for a loved one

comedy relief in a long line at the Tulip festival in Iowa

cozy family gatherings at Dana's


on our way to breakfast 

laughing at inside jokes and discovering Bradford pear tree's don't smell so good

a special friend coming to visit

this...

my tender/spunky friend and our laugh-more-than-we-hit-the-ball attempt at tennis


mom meets Oliver

our thumbs-up-good-test-results selfies

our snuggle and watch tv...and " who put pepper in the popcorn?" selfie with mom

thinking of Jill at the walnut festival [attempting to strike her pose]

the ferris wheel and hubby's willingness to take on his fear of heights  El Dorado picnic

moms laugh


lunch with these two [and my poison ivy covered arms]

stopping for ice-cream on our way home


Going out to breakfast and being with Dad for Father's day


meeting up with my cousin to stroll around the village in MA

movie date

friends coming together for a friend

all of us together when my brother visits

taking some time away from a weekend long reunion, for just us

all gussied up to meet with Chad and Jill for dinner

their selfie on the way to meet us :)

going to the top of Mount Greylock with my stepdad and his wife


a trip to the farm with Price and Papa

of these three taking a selfie

gathering at Dana's...piling on the couch

meeting for lunch after my hair appt.


meeting up with my dear friend in Bolivar...enjoying our talk and being at the park

my most recent...Brandon breaking out of a head lock, in my attempt to get a better angle
So maybe I get some eye rolls...
some annoyance...
a struggle or two...
and sometimes I even give chase.
But. I. Will. Not. Stop.
I love that I have captured these moments.
Some of them may seem mundane, or ordinary to others...
but to me, they mean the world.
They take me through different stages of life.
They stir up memories and the details of them aren't forgotten.
I take selfies, because I want to hold onto those special moments
those people I love...
those feelings.
Even if I have to put up a little fight...
'cause some things are just indisputable.

*loving....
selfies
mom and son talks
chinese carry out
black and white movies
"To Kill a Mockingbird " on Netflix
*Whole me*  all natural coconut almond clusters [my healthy replacement for sugary treats]
daisies on the table
" i love you " texts from my mom
" i love you " snapchats from my girlfriend
a new book on my Kindle
a day to spend with my hubby.

XOXO




Comments

Popular Posts