Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Refuge is something....

.... you choose-
something you enter into.


"On the whole,
God's love for us is a much safer subject
to think about
then our love for Him."
~C.S. Lewis~

notes....

loving these chilly mornings and warm afternoons
it reminds me of back home.
hubby led me to the back yard to show me the Moon & Jupiter
hanging out together
*sweet*
"occultation"
he said...."whatever that means?"
and we both shrugged and laughed
my neighbor delivered cake samples yesterday
with her daughter, and Ellie (goat)
American butter cream
Ermine
Italian meringue
and Swiss meringue
cake and coffee for breakfast
listening to the men cut up a tree on the next block
laughing and whooping as they work
good vibes in the hood 
~

refuge is the souls deepest need

refuge is not merely a state of mind
an assurance of the heart
it is reality
palpable

take a simple step of choosing 
this moment to return to
the shelter of God's presence
don't wait

He is as tender toward you
 as a Shepherd is to his sheep

be willing to follow Him wholeheartedly
wherever He leads
with glad anticipation

where there are gaps in your life
let God be God

leave the how and when in His hands
and acknowledge they are
His responsibility

it's what we trust in but don't see
that keeps us going
(2Corin. 5: 7 MSG)

He guards even the smallest details
of your life

depend on Him for everything you need
(Psalm 33:20 MSG)

be well...
xoxo
💖

Though you don't know what lies ahead
I know; and that's enough.
Some of my richest blessings are just right around
the bend: out of sight, but nonetheless
very real.
Anticipate blessings as we travel together.
I never fail to hear your prayers
& answer them wisely.
If My will differs from your request,
simply thank Me.
This will draw you closer to Me in the disappointment.
I assure you My ways are good.
I reserve My best for those who are willing to wait on Me
in faith-
even when they see nothing happening.
Stay close to Me and wait.
I am working things in your life
you could never do for yourself.
You won't be disappointed.
I'll Love you with all I got!
~Jesus~

(source: Message Bible, Charles Stanley Devo. Jesus Lives)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refuge is something....

.... you choose- something you enter into. "On the whole, God's love for us is a much safer subject to think about then our love fo...