Good Life

I love tucking away little notes of encouragement,
insight, and wisdom into my journals.
Today, I was reading about the simple life
of Scott and Helen Nearing, and it sparked my interest.
I put her cookbook in my cart on Amazon,
and contemplated putting her memoir
in the basket while I was at it. 
I stepped in and intervened myself.
I'm a book junkie.
I'll read 5 or 6 at the same time...
and then order another one that sits and waits...or
sometimes I start reading it immediately,
  bumping another aside. 
It's a thing. I have enough.
Anyways....


I found these suggestions out of Helen's memoir and
wanted to tuck them in my blog for safe keeping.

"*Do the best you can, with whatever you have.
*Be at peace with yourself.
*Find a job you enjoy.
*Live in simple conditions; housing, food, clothing; get rid of clutter.
*Contact nature every day; feel the earth under your feet.
*Take physical exercise through hard work; through gardening or walking.
*Don't worry; live one day at a time.
*Share something every day with someone else; if you live alone,
write someone; give something away; help someone somehow.
*Take time to wonder at life and the world; see some humor in life where you can.
*Observe the one life in all things.
*Be kind to the creatures."
~Helen Nearing February 23, 1904 - September 17, 1995

xoxo
💖

 

Comments

Popular Posts