Monday, May 10, 2021

Empowered


It's been a minute since I've been on here.
I put myself in a short time-out.
 My Doctor put me in a diet time-out.
No sugar,
 salt & pepper
 dairy
 yeast,
or fruit
no beverages except for water & herbal teas..
pretty much eliminated everything.
The list of what I can eat is shorter.
Lean beef, chicken and brown rice & vegetables.
I was excited to do it for health reasons,
but it has been really tough ! 
Throw Easter, Brandon's Birthday & Mother's Day in, and watch me squirm a little.
Yet...I did not give in. 
Honestly, I am pretty dang proud of myself.
It's been a game changer.
Three more weeks.
My girlfriend checked my blood sugar the other day.
80
it was
126.


It was a very good day !!

I have discovered a lot about myself through this.
 (like I will survive without chocolate, coffee or Ice Cream)
I feel stronger and more energetic.
I like this new season I am in.
I plan on continuing with healthier choices.
I love the way I feel.

Today I am grateful for:
a girlfriend that wasn't afraid to let me know I wasn't being the best I could be.
Yoga with Adriene on YouTube
water in a wineglass
a special mothers day note from Brandon 
upping my hand weights

" Let disempowering thoughts pass  you by,
don't own them.
Select a more empowering thought."

Stay safe & be well! 
💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's no coincidence...

... that the things that comfort you, the things that soothe you, tend to be the things that connect you to your natural self. capture by my...