Thursday, September 15, 2016

Unfolding



" Be yourself- not your idea of what you think
somebody else's idea of yourself should be." 

First and foremost...
I want to say:
Thank you Dad.
If it weren't for you...I probably would have quit doing this blog.
With that said...
it's about to get more personal.
Just sayin'. :)



Lately I mentioned taking a break from the internet. 
I realized it was distracting me...keeping me from focusing.
I was feeling unsettled...the feeling I get when I need to make some changes.
The internet was a lure...it was an excuse...it was keeping me side-tracked so I wouldn't have to face myself. 
Because good grief ! Haven't I made enough changes in the last few years ??
One would like to think.
I have been trying to find a word to describe what this "stage"
 is that I am going through right now.
I swished a few words around:
expansion
increasing
stretching
and I don't know about you....but those all sound to me... like I am about to get some
sort of procedure done.
It's not hitting the spot.
Then I came across the word, unfold.
Yes !

un fold: verb
-open or spread out from a folded position.
-reveal or disclose (thoughts or information).
-(of information or a sequence of events) be revealed or disclosed.

Spot on !

My life feels like it is unfolding.
Spreading out from a folded position.

Lately...(with LOVE, being the fuel behind it all)
I have been feeling like I want to open up more...
experience more...
trust more...
learn more...
love more.
 I want to unfold !

I will be using this space to record tid-bits, thoughts, quotes and photos.
So basically things will be the same...only different.
A little more open.
 I was starting to lose interest in keeping up my blog.  
I felt like I was just touching the surface all the time...
staying within my comfort zone.
Other than sharing my pictures...I felt like I was starting to flat-line.
It's not that I don't have anything to say....but I am not a writer.
So I struggled with words....if I had the words,
I struggled with doubt, and vulnerability.
I could just quit. That's easy enough.
But I have done this !
This is where the UNFOLDING began in the first place.
I can't just fold it all up and be done !!
That would be ludicrous.
I am UNFOLDING dang it !
And so it is.

*loving...
mini adventures
awareness
courage...[in small doses]
Dad's words of encouragement
pushing through [mental] obstacles
knowing that someone thinks your OK :)
changing seasons
photography classes
going in a new direction
quotes that say what you feel when you can't find the words
God's Love
my incredible family, husband and friends who really know me, and love me anyway :) 
I love you all so much.


Dad...this may not be what you had in mind, when you encouraged me not to quit...
but thank you.  I hope that you'll always be my #1 fan. 
I love you !! 

XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment

Passion is the fuel...

 ...  'in the engine of your purpose. It moves you in the direction your best intentions want to go.' It digs in for the long haul. ...