Knock


" Art is when you hear a knocking at your
soul and you answer."



He is the Gardener of my heart 

following His Word gives me Peace

Learn to Be

I love that quote !!

This last week I heard a knocking...
well...it really sounded more like [my own] voice in my head saying...
 " Hey ! You need to journal that !"
It happened while I was reading the Bible. 
Some words I wanted to savor.
[a normal morning scene]
So ....I picked up my journal to write them down, as usual, and then....
"draw. add color. really get entrenched in this."
Really ?? Color ?? Draw ?? So I pitch my daily journal back in it's basket...
and shuffle around until I find a new journal, one with blank pages.
I dig out my pens and my markers.
I pour myself a cup of coffee. 
I grab my Bible & my devotional.
I throw and old quilt on the floor...
light a candle...
[because it's God time...and it's going to be special]
and then... I answer the knock.

*grateful for...
that still small voice
the simple little girl I have drawn since I started dating, my now hubby...
she started out on napkins I left as little love notes.
feeling more focused and filled with His love
simplicity and imperfection
color and art
new ways of learning...
and journaling
answering the knocks 

Dear God, I just want to say Thank you.

XOXO








Comments

Popular Posts