Sheep


The older I get , the more I love and crave the simple life.
Last weekend we visited some friends on their farm.
When given a choice to shop, eat out, and go to a movie...
or go for a ride, visit friends and spend time in nature...
I pick this.
Not that I don't enjoy a good movie, or going shopping .
I do.
However, I am a country girl at heart.
Give me furry little animals, dirt roads, sunshine and trees...



















....give me barn-yards, and sweet faces, and a gentle breeze.
Give me room to run and play, and to visit with friends.
Give me fresh blooms, changing seasons, and a sky that never ends.
Give me dirty boots, and hands and messy hair.
And t-shirts and jeans with signs of wear.
Give me burger joints tucked away on the outskirts of town,
and eating lunch outside...or in the truck with the windows down.
Give me birds singing and wild roses.
Give me furry nibbles and sniffs...slobbers and wet noses.
Let me soak in the scenery when I find myself behind a farmer on his tractor
or a non-hurried family enjoying the sights along the way.
Let the sun *kiss my face and light up the blessings of the day.
Give me slow. Give me simple. Give me nothing and everything.
This beautiful, messy, life is what grounds me,
it's when I feel things are how they should be.
It brings me peace, and it fills my heart *fat*.
It makes me feel alive. Give me that.

" Life is simple: We are living in a world that is absolutely transparent
and the divine is shining through it all the time.
This is not just a nice story or a fable.
It is true. "

good things...
early Spring
wildflowers
barnyards
quiet escapes with my hubby
road trips
windows down and music up
sincerity
holding hands
hubby getting some great captures with the camera :)
little babies being born
bottle babies
the joy of bouncing, jumping and playing with all the fur-friends
finding the good things tucked into every day
an afternoon with friends

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts