Fall


Sitting here curled up on the couch,
snug under a soft blanket.
The candle is burning...
it crackles as it burns...
it's like a mini fireplace on my table.
The wind is howling outside.
I love that.
Sometimes.
Tonight it is cozy.
I have spent a lot of time outside while it has been warm.
It hasn't felt like November.
Until today.

A new basket for my bike. Visions of flowers and books.....
and little escapes dancing in my head.



learning how to sprout  and other healthy pursuits.

I write in my journal....he eats it

a four mile walk 
learning the plants as I go....from a lover of nature...and a dear friend


chasing sunsets....


I have been a little sad.
I have friends & family going through stuff.
Loss...health issues...change.
The bad cards life deals sometimes.
Today I hear of another loss.
It's always so hard...and now with the holidays close...
it just makes it harder.
I hurt in my heart.
I try to stay focused on the things
that make me happy.
Cliche ? Yes.
Effective ?
Well...most days, definitely !
Today it just softens the blow.
Praying for family and friends.
Always!!!

*loving...
the whistle of the wind
crossing things off of my to-do list
chatting on the phone with girlfriends...real conversation :)
crackling candles
the comfort and power of prayer
those moments [ in nature for me...] that you feel something beyond yourself
sunflowers 
gingerbread
girlfriend time
having a basket on my bike
learning things

XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts