A Parable

I read this parable this morning and
 it's good food for thought.


"The Fisherman and the Businessman

Once upon a time,
there was a successful businessman, who was passing
by a beach in a small village in the middle of his
busy, stressful workday.
He looked out, and saw a lone fisherman with his fishing pole
cast out into the water.
Beside him, were several large fish.
The businessman was impressed.
He stopped to compliment the fisherman
on his catch.
He asked, "How long does it take you to catch all these fish?"
"Not very long," the fisherman replied. "I am good at 
catching fish!"
The business man was confused, he asked the fisherman
"Why he didn't stay out longer, than he would be able to catch even more fish?"
"I catch enough fish to feed and support my family.
I don't need anymore."
To which the business man inquired,
"But what do you do for the rest of the day?"
"Well when I've caught all the fish I need by mid-morning,
I go home, kiss my wife, play with my kids, take a nap,
read and do what I please."
The businessman couldn't help but see an opportunity.
"Let me help you!" he said. "I'm an expert in business,
and I can help you become much more successful.
If you spend longer fishing each day,
and catch as  many fish as possible,
you can make much more money. 
Then if you work hard, eventually you can buy a big boat,
and catch even more fish.
And then after that you can set up a whole fleet of boats,
and have your own company. You could start and distribute
and grow a fishing empire!"
"And what would happen after that?" the fisherman asked.
"Well, you would be a millionaire!"
"And then what?"
"Then you could retire, and move to a house by the sea,
go fishing in the morning and enjoy your time however
you please."
Puzzled the fisherman replied, "But isn't that what
I am already doing?"

                                                              ~Daily Inspiration~

" It is rare that we achieve happiness by increasing
our supply of something that has nothing to do with it."

xoxo
💖





 

Comments

Popular Posts