Fortitude

 

My goal was to take better care of my health,
replace some bad habits with good ones.
(under a Doctors care)
For eight weeks I eliminated :
Sugar. Caffeine. Dairy. Fruit. Yeast. Salt & Pepper.
I lived on sugar-free-salt-free brown rice products,
chicken, fish and lean beef.
I ate loads of broccoli and cauliflower, and greens.
I tried new ways of preparing meals with only herbs to season. 
Bravely tried things I'd never heard of like Tahini and Dark roasted Dandelion tea & Chicory.
I searched health food stores and researched online for the healthiest choices.
I knew if I could get through all 56 days, 
focusing on my "why", and not allow myself to give in to the 
constant temptations around me, I would reap the rewards.
And reaping I am !!
I feel like I've shed parts of the worst of me.
It has been a catalyst for more changes,
a better outlook,
a healthier self-esteem &
a whole stack of new (old) jeans that I can fit into again!
Yay!!
I plan on continuing to make healthier choices from now on.
I worked hard to get to this point.

Note:

I allowed myself a scoop of ice-cream and a bite of brownie
and 3 cookies over the weekend.
I felt the effects almost immediately.
My energy? Gone!
Was it worth it? Heck yeah!  It was a special occasion.
It was also a great reminder of how good it feels without it.

" Failing is easy. If you're climbing a rope,
all you have to do to fall is to let go."
T.D. Jakes

💗


Comments

Popular Posts