Hopeful

 
Well...this year is coming to an end.
It has been a tough year, no doubt.
I feel like it has made us all stronger,
and more aware of what our priorities are.
I have always been grateful for all the little things in life.
This year, my biggest achievement was allowing myself
to give up the " I should be doing..." 
(which usually consists of what I think others would want me to be doing.)
and do what gives me contentment.
Give me a book, a cup of Harney and Sons tea...
(grown back home)
nature, and loved ones (animals included),
and I am content.
The busy life is not for me.
Sure, I like to go and explore, and get things done.
That keeps life exciting.
But the simple, little things?
That's what makes my life meaningful.


 Currently I am:

Reading: How to Stop Feeling Like Shit by Andrea Owen

Watching: anything Christmasy

Highlighting: " Showing up is being willing to engage with 
something uncomfortable when you'd rather back off and say
'NOPE!'
When you show up, you allow yourself to feel scared
and awkward and out of your element.
But you also feel inspired! You dig deep, do the work,
and feel brave at the same time."

Loving: I can do all my Christmas shopping online

Hating: negative attitudes

Discovering: what my values are

Enjoying: twinkle lights, and being connected with close friends
in reading a chapter a day in the book of Luke.
Feeling close even when we are apart.💗

Thinking: I want a bowl of cereal

Hoping for: everyone to stay safe and healthy

Listening to: the tick of the clock

Smelling: coffee and soap

Thanking: the ones who make me laugh, and hear me cry.

I hope you are safe and well
and take some time to enjoy the simple, little things.
💗

Comments

Popular Posts