Shift


I have held onto anger
judged
blamed
been haunted by the past.
Paid the armed guards around my heart
with little bits of my soul.
Forgiving...
then not.
Not only others,
but myself.
Then a shift.
A letting go.
A realization.
A flock of doves.



symbol to go within & release emotional disharmony.
"when inner conflicts are banished from our thoughts,
words & feelings, goodness awaits."

Life, if we're lucky, teaches us
that over time hurt might not go away completely,
but the heart can open up again,
you can tell the guards to take a hike,
and replace them with stuff like
forgiveness
love of the here and now
understanding
and 
grace.

~shift happens~

Love and hugs !!💖



Mom, I scooped up a few of our moments, and tucked them
into my keepsake box.
Pickle hunting at the local market with your friends.
Sue's cart of fritters and gizzards.
Using woo-we-woo-woo in a sentence,
AND
watching you go from sitting upright in your chair...
to suddenly doubled over in laughter.
😂
Irish creamer...gone rogue.
Stocking your freezer with ice-cream, just for me.
Hanging the laundry out on the line.
Doves.
Making your bed the military way.
Stepping out on the deck to stand in the light of a full moon. Coyotes.
Laying on the hammock...
kitten laying on me.
Your little notes about God.
Bird calling.
Crying together.
Flower seeds to go.
I came home with a pocketful of great memories!
I am so thankful you're my mom.
I love your spirit, and your humor.
And your sense of adventure.
Looking forward to our next time !!
I love  you !!
XOXO💗



Comments

Popular Posts