Nesty


The impending ice storm made me get a little nesty.
A quick tidy up around the house...
the fur-babies fed and dry.
Making home-made potato soup.
Everything charged up, a stack of soft blankets, a pile of books
and candles [already lit] making things cozy.




Hoping the electricity doesn't go out.
But it feels good to be prepared.

*loving...
making soup on a cold day
how quiet and still everything is outside...except for the rain...
a good reason to stay home
comfy sweats
nesty days
when a friend calls... and makes me laugh about a bad day
getting a call from my Dad, while he is enjoying his coffee & doughnut 
[a gift from me]
at one of my favorite doughnut stops.
knowing that he's feeling better after being really sick for a while.
my Dad.
I love you Dad.

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts