Manifesto


On February 17 2014
I posted these words to Facebook.
They came as a memory today....


" Sometimes when I get sidetracked and busy,
I lose focus on the truths that are deep inside of my heart.
This morning as I start my day, (and a challenging week)
I am going to hold on tight to what I know to be beautiful and true for me.
Loving my God,
my family and friends,
learning to do things for others without expecting anything in return,
simplify.
I am going to focus on the things that I can control-
my attitude,
what goes into my mind and heart,
and taking care of my body.
The people I spend time with,
and the time I spend alone.
I do believe life is what we make it,
and I want life to be beautiful and peaceful."

That was six years ago.
At a quick glance over those years,
I'd say, I've done a pretty good job of living that way.
Not intentionally so much, 
but more because that is part of my truth.
Sometimes I fail! 
Most often with my attitude,
but also on things I can't control.
I think I let go of control...
until I find myself struggling again.
If I'm struggling....I can pretty much search my self
and see where I am trying to hard to make things work out my way.
I am getting better at that.
I think.
I'll let you know in another six years. 😉


" Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails"

-Proverbs 19:12
💗

Comments

Popular Posts