Bubby


I wasn't supposed to "get attached".
BUT I did !
For three weeks, I have been this little guys mama.
I call him Bubby.
Although he hasn't been here very long...
he has found a very special place in my heart.










graham crackers & milk

blankie



Maybe it's the look he gives me while he stands so patiently at the door waiting for his bottle.
Maybe it's because he follows me around as I do my morning chores & licks me when I'm not looking.
Maybe it because he loves to have his face and dewlap scratched, and he loves to cuddle.
Maybe it's the way he found his little spot in the hay in the pet-shack, so he could sleep with Scotty and Oliver.
Maybe because Oliver shares his graham crackers with him,
and he shares his calf meringue with Scotty.
Maybe it's because I carry a towel around with me, (to wipe of the slobbers) and now
he uses the towel like a blankie. 
Maybe it's the way he chases me to the door, and then once inside, he sits there and thumps to see if I will bring him a snack.
Maybe because he has fit into our little world so perfectly, that it seems he should stay.
If  I could keep him here, he would no doubt grow old along with Oliver and Scotty.
They would be great lets-butt-heads-and-eat -graham-cracker buddies.
However... I anticipate him leaving this week.
The lump in my throat is getting harder to swallow.
I will be sending along his blankie and some graham crackers...
and will be giving him lots of extra lovin' until he goes.
In the meantime I'll sit here and enjoy watching him curled up napping on the patio,
right below Oliver who is napping on the bench.*sigh
Thankful for the time I got to be his mama. :)
We're sure going to miss the little stinker!

*loving....
Bubby
Knowing he is going to a good home
the way animals just get along
babies and their blankies
graham cracker junkies
the sound of little hoof feet chasing me in the yard
sweet calf noses
drippy calf meringue :)

XOXO



Comments

Popular Posts