Normal




“Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. 
Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.”









It's the normal days.
The ones that I am pushing a mower in the yard...bending over
[in what hubby calls, my Yoga pose]
to pull weeds, and pick up poop.
Or rushing to meet Brandon for lunch, then grocery shopping together
at our favorite market, then making our little loop over to fill
our cars up at the station and our little chats at the pumps.
The days I spend cooped up inside, cleaning closets and sorting through 
stuff...in my unrelenting drive to simplify...
then grabbing a fabulous book, an old blanket to throw on the yard,
to spend some quiet snuggle time with my fur-kids.
It's the sound of hubby's truck stopping at the mailbox as he 
returns home after a long day.
And the way the fur-kids get all excited hearing him come home.
And the sound of the garage door opening...and the way his antenna
brushes against the doors as he pulls in.
It's the moment he walks in the door, painted from head to toe with 
every animal he examined since morning...
while I am busy fixing dinner at the stove...
and hearing him say... " Hey beautiful...how was your day ?"
There is so much good to be grateful for in the daily-ness of life.
It's the quiet, the simple, the real.

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts