Simplify


" Love is something like the clouds that were in the sky
before the sun came out." she replied.
" You cannot touch the clouds, you know;
but you feel the rain and know how glad the flowers
and the thirsty earth are to have it after a hot day.
You cannot touch love either;
but you feel the sweetness that it pours into everything.
Without love you would not be happy or want to play."

~Miss Sullivan to Helen Keller~

practicing manual modes on the camera
just a shot...i did get sweet little Oliver in back resting his head on Scotty :)

I unearthed that quote as I was sorting and purging yesterday.
I have had the uncontrollable urge to weed out things the last 
couple of days-
clothes,
papers and books,
bad habits...
"stuff".
You know.
The non-essentials.
Things that aren't working for me anymore.
This morning I am deleting files...emails....pics.
It feels good to remove the clutter.
I did come across a letter I wrote to Gary [that i never gave to him]...,
this quote...
and a few other interesting artifacts.
Perhaps I will share some of those in future posts.
Some of it is pretty raw and personal.
Let me think about it.

I hope you all have a splendid weekend !!

good things...
bags of items to donate
finding old letters and journals
empty closets and shelves...open space
orange tulips on my white table
pushing a button on my *build a bear* cow...[goes way back]
 and hearing Brandon's little boy voice say... " I love you Mom"
tears...happy ones, sad ones, nostalgic ones...and cleansing ones.
finding/reading old lists [that I lost]
and old notes that I took
then ....putting them in the recycle bin.
a lunch date with a special friend 
simplifying 

XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts