Unfolding



" Be yourself- not your idea of what you think
somebody else's idea of yourself should be." 

First and foremost...
I want to say:
Thank you Dad.
If it weren't for you...I probably would have quit doing this blog.
With that said...
it's about to get more personal.
Just sayin'. :)



Lately I mentioned taking a break from the internet. 
I realized it was distracting me...keeping me from focusing.
I was feeling unsettled...the feeling I get when I need to make some changes.
The internet was a lure...it was an excuse...it was keeping me side-tracked so I wouldn't have to face myself. 
Because good grief ! Haven't I made enough changes in the last few years ??
One would like to think.
I have been trying to find a word to describe what this "stage"
 is that I am going through right now.
I swished a few words around:
expansion
increasing
stretching
and I don't know about you....but those all sound to me... like I am about to get some
sort of procedure done.
It's not hitting the spot.
Then I came across the word, unfold.
Yes !

un fold: verb
-open or spread out from a folded position.
-reveal or disclose (thoughts or information).
-(of information or a sequence of events) be revealed or disclosed.

Spot on !

My life feels like it is unfolding.
Spreading out from a folded position.

Lately...(with LOVE, being the fuel behind it all)
I have been feeling like I want to open up more...
experience more...
trust more...
learn more...
love more.
 I want to unfold !

I will be using this space to record tid-bits, thoughts, quotes and photos.
So basically things will be the same...only different.
A little more open.
 I was starting to lose interest in keeping up my blog.  
I felt like I was just touching the surface all the time...
staying within my comfort zone.
Other than sharing my pictures...I felt like I was starting to flat-line.
It's not that I don't have anything to say....but I am not a writer.
So I struggled with words....if I had the words,
I struggled with doubt, and vulnerability.
I could just quit. That's easy enough.
But I have done this !
This is where the UNFOLDING began in the first place.
I can't just fold it all up and be done !!
That would be ludicrous.
I am UNFOLDING dang it !
And so it is.

*loving...
mini adventures
awareness
courage...[in small doses]
Dad's words of encouragement
pushing through [mental] obstacles
knowing that someone thinks your OK :)
changing seasons
photography classes
going in a new direction
quotes that say what you feel when you can't find the words
God's Love
my incredible family, husband and friends who really know me, and love me anyway :) 
I love you all so much.


Dad...this may not be what you had in mind, when you encouraged me not to quit...
but thank you.  I hope that you'll always be my #1 fan. 
I love you !! 

XOXO







Comments

Popular Posts