Stuff


The weather has been FABULOUS !!
With that said ...this is NOT where I want to sit and ponder.
I love to share with you...really !
BUT...right now my inspiration is high...
and my words are few.
I want to tell you about how smart my hubby is...


and about his 45th reunion with his classmates from Veterinarian school.
Oh...and what a fun AND kind circle of lovely souls they all are !!!
I want to brag about my awesome girlfriend who won't let me lessen myself 
with stupid talk...and inspires me with her dedication to good health and her honesty.
I want to mention new friends, and hopes shared with them.
I want to catch up about Brandon and how he is having to make lots of decisions, 
and planning his way after college... and how endlessly proud I am of him.
I want to giggle with you about Oliver and his shenanigans.


I want to share my thoughts
and my feelings about life and some of the freaky crap that goes on in my head.
I want to woo woo about photography class, and how I struggle with the camera.
There is so much I want to share, but the breeze blowing through the windows...
and the feeling of change in the air,
is tooooooo much !!! 
I love this weather.  I want to be outside !!


I can't sit here long enough to come up with all the words I want to say.
And then even as I sit here writing this...
I often question myself.
Why any of this matters to anyone other than me.
Why am I not outside now ?
Why write about this stuff ?
Honestly...I don't know. 
It is something that I can look back on.
It's change.
It's growth.
it's something that is a part of me...
and hopefully will always be...
even when I am no longer a part of me. :)


There was a song that pulled at my heart-strings this week.
I have heard it many times....but it never really hit me like it hit me 
this time.
I think as a parent, and as an adult that struggles with all the 
"stuff" we tend to allow our minds to swash around on,
this song just hit that tender spot in me.
I sit here and savor the words.
I think we tend to be a little too hard on ourselves.
We want to have life figured out.
We sometimes wish we could have done things differently.
We often focus more on our faults, and think something is wrong with us.
Completely normal ! We're Human ! What is wrong with us is....
We forget that we are special.
 I hope you remember that ! Always !
I hope this song makes you feel happy in your heart...
and makes you feel a little lighter on the inside. :)

eagle

Mercy Me
Dear Younger Me....

 accidentally took my own picture....but I kinda like it :) except for my misshapen arm. :)

Dear younger me,
Where do I start ?
If I could tell you everything, that I have learned so far.
Then you could be, one step ahead,
 of all the painful memories still running through my head.
I wonder how much  different things would be?
Dear younger me.
I cannot decide ,
Do I give some speech about how to get the most out of your life ?
Or do I go deep
and try to change the choices that you'll make ?
Cuz they're choices that made me.
Even though I love this crazy life.
Sometimes I wish it was a smoother ride..
dear younger me.
If I knew then what I know now,
condemnation would've had no power.
My joy my pain would've never been my worth.
If I knew that what I know now...
would've not been hard to figure out, what I would've changed if I had heard...
Dear younger me,
It's not your fault.
You were never meant to carry this beyond the cross.
You are holy . You are righteous. You are one of the redeemed.
Set apart
a brand new heart
you are free indeed.
Every mountain, every valley
thru each heartache you will see
every moment brings you closer to who you were meant to be...
dear younger me.

*loving...
this song
Fall
bike rides
reading on the porch
windows all open
hoodie's in the morning
hot tea
leaves changing color
songs that pack a punch

XOXO

P.S I am posting the video of the song for you in another post. :)
Dear Younger Me.
Give it a listen.
Happy Fall. :)

Comments

Popular Posts