Who Am I ?


Every now and then I hear something that just sticks with me.
 The other day I heard a "who am I ? " story told by Joyce Meyers,
and I loved it so much that I wanted to share it with you ! :)

When I was 7 years old, my family was forced out our home
because of some legal technicality. 


I had to work to help support my family at age 9.
While I was still a backwards, shy little boy, my mother died.


At age 22 I lost my job as a store clerk.
I wanted to go to law school, but my education wasn't good enough.

At 23, I went into debt to become a partner in a small store.
3 years later, my partner died, leaving me a huge debt
which took me years to repay.

At 28 after developing a romantic relationship 
with a young lady for 4 years,
I asked her to marry me...
she said "No".

At 37,  on my 3rd try,  I was finally elected to the US congress.
2 years later I ran again, and failed to be re-elected.
At that time, I had a nervous breakdown.


At 41, adding additional heart ache 
to an already unhappy marriage,...
my 4 year old son died.

The next year I ran for land office and lost.
at 45 I ran for senate and lost.
At 49 I ran for senate again and lost.
At 51 I was elected for President of the United States.
Who am I ?
?
?
?
?

Here are some more facts I looked up....because honestly....I'm a little fascinated 
by this guy right now !! :)

He was a big animal lover...
His cat " Tabby" ate at the table.
He read the Bible daily.
He loved to eat oysters...
and fruit.
His mother was killed by poisoned milk.
He battled depression for most of his life.
He didn't like to be called by his First name.
He didn't have a middle name.







Keep going :)














It's Abe Lincoln !!
We have this picture hanging on our wall. 
I thought about taking it down...
but now I am inspired by it ! 
I have always loved his quotes...
and now I find that I am captivated by his story as well.

Lincoln is also the one who established Thanksgiving 
as a national holiday. *thankful
(a little snippet...)

" I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union. "

It sounds like he had a HUGE heart ! 
Google the Thanksgiving Proclamation.
Today I am thankful for everything...
especially this special guy !

XOXO

" In the end it's not the years in your life that count.
It's the life in your years. "



Comments

Popular Posts