Home

This month I was able to feed my home hungry heart with a taste of home.
It has been over two years,
and I longed for my family.

Dad and Sue's

I missed home.
Home is where there is a constant tug on my heart.

Photo bomber at Bash Bish


It's a place where I feel protected, comfortable and loved.


Bash-Bish *love


It's where I can unwind...

The view from Dad's porch where we sit and talk.


... find my balance...


My morning view from Dad's deck...where I sip coffee and read devo.


and it restores my peace of mind.


Madeline babysat me.. and Christine grew up with me.. Friends that are family.


Home is the sense that I have known these people forever,
that sense of belonging-ness.


It's where I stop feeling like an individual
trying to carve out my life somewhere in the world,...


...and just feel at home.

Sir Williams Farm


It's the touchstone to return to when life is full of changes, 
and I need time to redefine my role in life.

Sue's vacation house in Plymouth



Dad picking up sticks. *love



Turkeys in the Plymouth yard.



24 of them.



The place Sue grew up and called home.



The Atlantic Ocean...rock hunting.



My Dad's favorite photo.  This one is for you Dad :)



Replica of the Mayflower



Plymouth Rock



photo bombed at the rock



indulging on our favorite treat at the local ice-cream parlor


Home is where there is laughter,
where there are no "shoulds",
and I can do what makes me happy. :)

National Monument to the Forefathers


Home is more that just a location,...

Diner in Hillsdale


it's where I can share with the ones I love,
who love me in return.

Godmother baked delicious-ness




Home fills my spirit...



and invigorates my senses.


It's where I came from.

 Shays Rebellion  



Met in middle-school. Re-united with Maureen ...who was home from CA *love


It's where everything is sweeter...
hugs are tighter...
and moments are cherished .

Now a Library...where I went to elementary school. MA


Every where I go when I am home,
has that familiar feel.
It tugs at my nostalgic heart-strings.


It is a place for quiet thoughts and inspiration.

Sheffield MA


Where I can clear the clutter out of my head ,
and emerge feeling refreshed !

My cousins Karena and Madison


There will forever be a tug of war going on in my heart.
The pull between the home of my family and where I came from...


and the home where I have been discovering my way
raised my son
and have loved and been loved by my friends and my new family.


My heart has had to become more elastic...
not tougher,
but more stretched.
Home is....rooted.
Home is where the heart is.
XOXO


Comments

Popular Posts