Birthday

Once you are Real you can't become unreal again.  
It lasts for always.
~ Margery Williams ~

As I wake up into my 53rd year, I feel inspired, motivated and loved.
This past year my life has transformed in about every way possible.
It hasn't been an easy year...
but it sure put into perspective the things that matter the most.
This year has been about life, love, acceptance and being real.


The Velveteen Rabbit is a wonderful story.
It is a sweet story, that tugs at my heart-strings.
It's about the transformative power of love.


The very old and wise "skin horse" explains to the bunny that:
" Real isn't how you are made.  It's a thing that happens to you."


"When a child loves you for a long time, not just to play with,
but REALLY loves you,
then you become Real."


Love and acceptance from friends has made me real.


Learning to love and accept myself, has made me real.


Learning more about myself and adjusting and changing
makes me real.


I want this "thing" to happen to me.


Love makes us real.





And I am so grateful for the love that fills my life. 


With that said, I want to get to celebrating my day with my hubby
and marinate in the love of my family and friends...
cause it's that, that makes us real !
I will end with some words from the old and wise skin horse:

" Generally by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off,
and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints & very shabby.
But these things don't matter at all,...


because once your Real, you can't be ugly,
except to people who don't understand."

Love makes us real.
When we are no longer here..
love is the one thing we can leave behind.
So love each other. Really love !
Love each others hair off ! :)

XOXO







Comments

Popular Posts