Contentment


Do you ever have that craving for something...
but you can't figure out what it is ??
You search for that perfect snack, 
or hunt for the perfect book online?
(even though you have a stacks of partially read books or new ones scattered throughout the house ?)
You know you want, or need something...but you can't quite put your finger on it !

friends

I believe it is a constant craving for contentment.
Do you ever notice, that just being with the people you love is enough ?
Or when you have that time alone doing something you love ?
Being grateful at that very time , and that fleeting moment.
Breathing it all in...
the pure pleasure of being right where you are.

family

We all get caught up with worrying about tomorrow,
or looking for that next thing to we think we need to do 
to fill that elusive void inside us...that craving.
 We seem to forget that we really have all that we need.
That if we really quiet our scrambled mind
and appreciate the gift of right now...
that most always...you can find contentment there.


This week I was filled with contentment.
I devoured each second as it came.
I swatted out the worries or concerns about the next week..or day..or even the next hour.
I didn't want to think about what I didn't have, 
what I needed to get done...or what I should or shouldn't be doing.
Do you ever notice how quick that destroys your joy ?

afternoons on the farm with my hubby.

I think there are blessings being bestowed on us consistently ! 
If we are willing to see them.
We are usually surrounded by love and beauty 
and goodness.

lazy summer days...going barefoot...simplicity

Those are gifts to us and we are free to enjoy those things.
Instead we find our self spotting the imperfections and look towards what we lack.

Sometimes in the ones we love the most... our situations...
but I think mostly in ourselves.


That is when I try to take a deep breath and redeem the moment.


Life is full of ups and downs.


We can decide not to let the downs turn into negativity...
that will relentlessly try to seep in to ruin our day.
It happens !
Sometimes in one fell swoop!
And it blinds us from the potential for pleasure...
and it steals our contentment.


When I find myself faltering...
when I feel fearful, scattered, worried or empty...
comparing or judging...
I stop and collect my thoughts.


I start plucking the positives...


And I turn my attention to my faith.
When I yield to God...
my heart and my head find peace with each other.
Sometimes there is sadness and disappointment...
but mostly ?
Mostly I feel peace,love, and contentment.

XOXO



Comments

Popular Posts